Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just some guy named Brett Favre

By now you probably have heard that Brett Favre has "retired" for the third time and believe it or not, I do care. Brett and I go way back simply because I'm a die hard 49ers fan and had to witness a lot of Brett Favre heroics against them. I remember all the games against the Packers, especially the ones at Lambeau Field where it always seemed like something magical was in the air and the 49ers just didn't have a chance. I truly honestly really disliked Brett Favre. One of the highlights in my life is when I got the chance to go see my first 49ers game in San Francisco and it had to be against Favre and the Packers. Let's just say he picked us apart. So the first time Brett retired I could care less. The second time he retired I was hoping it was for sure this time. I was getting sick of all the Favre talk about weather or not he was coming back or not. But this time around I'm actually bummed out if he does end up retiring. I actually want and hope he comes back. Last year was probably his best year ever and he made the Vikings a very enjoyable team to watch. To me he can still play and I hate to see great players leave when it's obvious they're still one of the best players in their league and Brett is one of them. I will not believe he's retired for good until a whole NFL season goes by, then i might. Whatever happens noone really knows, but in the end he will do whatever is best for him and his family and we will all move on to what should be a great NFL season. Thanks and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this game...we got rain the whole drive there. Only time it stopped raining was during the game and then it started again right after it was over... Hopefully we luck out when we go see them rape the chargers... by the way your turn to drive.

    FRANK HERNANDEZ
    @ANGELSFAN714

    ReplyDelete